On 22-25 October 2019, Khabarovsk will host a workshop with the title The Art of Persuasion! Marketing for Performing Arts Organisations.
The workshop will allow to:
- Share the marketing experience of UK performing arts organisations with the Russian community
- Establish links between the UK and Russian cultural communities
- Provide professional training for Russian arts and culture professionals
The workshop will focus on education and discussion and will include an element of fundamental management and marketing tools for performing arts organisations.
UK expert Professor Michael Quine will explain the theory and practice of cultural marketing and developing target audiences through successful UK case studies.
The workshop will end with a panel discussion aimed at identifying promising forms and methods of collaboration and possible sources of funding for joint UK-Russia projects to be implemented in Khabarovsk and the Russian Far East in 2020–2025.
- Professor Michael Quine (UK), Director of Actors Touring Company Productions Limited.
For 12 years he served as chief executive officer at a number of theatres, the last of which was the Royal York Theatre. Then he began teaching at the City, University of London, on the post-graduate art and cultural policy programme. For over 20 years of teaching, he has significantly contributed to international relations that encourage the mobility of students and academic staff. he has also worked as a consultant, in particular as a co-director of mapping cultural industries to secure the future Jersey Opera House. For many years, he was a member of the jury of the European Cultural Foundation's Cultural Policy Research Award. He is well acquainted with contemporary Russian cultural life, as since 1996 he has been a regular visitor to the St Petersburg State Theatre Academy and other Russian cultural organisations.
- Maria Naimark (Russia), Executive Director of the Rainbow International Theatre Festival, partner of the Interstudio-SPb creative group (St Petersburg).
- Irina Khizhinskaya (Russia), Chief researcher of the Anna Akhmatova Museum in the Fountain House, partner of the Interstudio-SPb creative group (St Petersburg).